At the Advantage Learning Center, we provide high quality early education and care in a safe, nurturing, challenging & loving environment.
The Advantage Learning Center — accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children — offers a high-quality, full-day infant, toddler and preschool program. Children are provided a safe, nurturing, challenging and fun-filled environment in which to learn and grow. The Advantage Learning Center values each child as a unique individual, designing a curriculum to meet those individual needs and characteristics.
The Advantage Learning Center was established in September 1995 and operates under a license with the General Services Administration, a department of the Federal government. As such, our first priority is to provide care for federal families. We also welcome families who are not federal employees on a space available basis. Most of our clients come from the Denver metro area, particularly Lakewood, Colorado.
Based on the Creative Curriculum approach emphasizing active, participatory learning, the children are involved in activities based on learning objectives in all developmental domains. In active learning settings, adults expand children’s thinking with diverse materials and nurturing interactions. The teachers use the NAEYC Standards as well as the Colorado Preschool Standards in planning appropriate and meaningful activities for the children.
Our program encompasses all areas of early childhood development, including:
- Social, emotional, physical, language and cognitive development
- Exploration, creativity and discovery with a balance of structure
- Fostering self-esteem and decision making abilities
- Focused learning centers include; group dynamics, music, math, science, language and literacy, dramatic play, technology, social studies, creative expression and the arts, large and fine motor development
- Community involvement through field trips or special visitors